2 days before that wonderful number hits. 5…0… funny how 40 years ago that sounded sooooooo old. I guess it’s all a matter of perspective, right? Well, I guess I should have something to show for this milestone… Let’s see what I have taken from my years on earth:
- Gray happens
- being called sir is a compliment (but don’t call me sir 🙂 )
- being older doesn’t have to mean being old
- hugs still feel just as good
- God really does know what he’s doing
- ambition is good… ambition to love well is fantastic
- work success will never replace a child’s love
- call your mom more often… and write a letter or two (yes, I’m listening)
- old friends are faithful friends
- some things just aren’t that important
- some things are…
- the rate of accumulation is inversely proportional to the need for said accumulation
- you don’t have to wait until 50 to have a voice / something to say
- laughter really is the best medicine… behind good hugs
- do it. Take the risk. What’s the worst that can happen?
- perfection only occurs in two places: heaven and the dictionary
- life is to be lived. Don’t put off living for later. Use up every moment you have.
I guess that’s it for now. Hopefully one of these will ring true for you. As I celebrate 50, take time to celebrate whatever milestone comes to mind, whether an age, status, or the fact that you may have gotten your favorite ice cream today.
Sometimes you just gotta get wisdom from others… http://www.humorbin.com/showitem.asp?item=48
Some of the best “lessons learned” I have heard: